The command center for COVID-19 helps HR leaders prevent and manage outbreaks cost effectively, minimizing risk and increasing employee confidence in returning to physical workspaces
AUSTIN, TX – May 11, 2021 – ReturnSafe, the holistic software solution for infectious disease management (IDM) helping businesses reopen and stay open, today announced it has joined the UKG Partner Network, a collaborative ecosystem of technology companies working with UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) to deliver custom applications, solution extensions, and integrations that provide a simplified and more connected workplace experience. UKG is a leading global provider of HCM, payroll, HR service delivery, and workforce management solutions.
With this collaboration, organizations that utilize both ReturnSafe and UKG solutions, including UKG Pro, UKG Dimensions, and UKG Ready can benefit from an integrated solution to help prevent and manage COVID-19 outbreaks in the workplace. ReturnSafe provides HR leaders with a command center to manage employee vaccination status, health screenings, testing data, contact tracing, and isolation and quarantine case management. The solution provides a 360-degree view into areas of risk and the tools to respond quickly and effectively. The integration with UKG streamlines employee user administration by automatically updating ReturnSafe with employee new hires and status changes to keep the COVID-19 Command Center up to date – saving hours of administration time.
“Since the onset of the pandemic, ReturnSafe has helped 60-plus organizations to reopen and stay open,” said Jikku Venkat, CEO and Co-Founder, ReturnSafe. “Many organizations have created ad-hoc solutions to manage a skeleton crew during the pandemic, but as the country reopens, countless businesses and schools will be heading back to in-person settings in full force. Leaders will need a solution that is easy to use, provides workflow automation, and supports compliance reporting needs. We are bringing our expertise and solution to the UKG ecosystem to give HR and operations leaders the insights and tools they need to scale their safety measures and confidently welcome back employees with the lowest possible workplace-related health safety risks.”
Businesses using ReturnSafe have access to:
- Vaccine Management and Employee Sentiment: As employers navigate mixed-immunity workforces, this tool provides a report on important employee vaccination information, including vaccine provider, date, location, and eventual booster status. This feature also includes employee sentiment surveys where administrators can gauge their workforce’s attitudes towards taking the vaccination, providing meaningful insights for creating programs to address employee concerns.
- Building Access Screening and Timekeeping Check In: This tool ensures that only people who meet the organization’s safety criteria have access to the building by integrating the health screening survey with building access control systems, as well as providing HR leaders with an easy-to-use integration with UKG Dimension for timekeeping.
- Test Management: Employers’ external testing providers can directly upload employee test results into the Command Center Dashboard. Administrators can utilize this information to take immediate action when there is a positive test, and quickly update employees’ building access status.
- Contact Logging / Tracing: Log close contacts with Bluetooth or Ultra-Wideband tags for a precise response to an outbreak, avoiding business disruption and complying with employee exposure notification requirements.
- Case Management: All data entries and information are compiled in one workspace, displaying employees with potential, active, or cleared cases of COVID-19. Administrators have access to all the information needed to efficiently manage outbreaks, ensuring teams are following prescribed safety protocols.
“At UKG, we build lifelong partnerships with our customers to help them protect their people and create connected and meaningful experiences,” said Mike May, Senior Director, UKG Partner Network at UKG. “By cultivating a highly engaged ecosystem of technology partners, we’re able to solve critical business problems in novel ways. This empowers our customers with more opportunities to improve the employee experience, achieve new operational efficiencies, protect their people, and extend the value of their UKG investment.”
ReturnSafe is a comprehensive software solution for infectious disease management (IDM) that is helping businesses, universities, healthcare facilities, sports teams and major venues businesses reopen and stay open. Its end-to-end platform provides daily health screening, exposure notification, and contact tracing and case management for COVID-19 and other contagious diseases. ReturnSafe is based in Austin, TX and backed by Fifty Years, Necessary Ventures and Active Capital. To help keep everyone in your organization safe with human-driven, technology-supported solutions, visit https://www.returnsafe.com.
World’s first infectious disease management platform for employers helps businesses, universities, healthcare facilities, and sports and entertainment venues reopen and stay open.
AUSTIN, TEXAS — December 22, 2020 — ReturnSafe, the company establishing new standards and tools for managing safety, health, and well-being in the workplace, today announced $3.25M in funding led by Fifty Years and Active Capital with additional investments from Necessary Ventures. This additional funding follows a rapid period of growth where the company achieved six-figure monthly recurring revenue and onboarded more than 50 organizations in the first six months of operation.
ReturnSafe’s solution protects tens of thousands of people spanning across health and senior care organizations, educational institutions, sports and entertainment event venues, non-profits, hospitality businesses, manufacturing facilities, professional services, real estate and construction firms, and more from around the globe.
“COVID-19 upended our world and forced the closure of workplaces, schools, and universities. Efforts to mitigate the devastating toll of the pandemic have created additional challenges such as a spike in unemployment and worse educational outcomes,” said Seth Bannon, founder of Fifty Years. “ReturnSafe allows us to fire up our economic, education, and entertainment engines while keeping everyone safe. From Sesame Street to the San Antonio Spurs to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society — world-class organizations are relying on ReturnSafe to bring people back to work safely. ReturnSafe is not only helping companies keep their employees safe from COVID-19, it is setting new standards to prevent future disease outbreaks in the workplace.”
“We’ve been impressed by ReturnSafe’s agility in responding to the challenges of reopening physical spaces. Their speed and expertise are meeting the legal and logistical complexities involved here,” said Neil Devani, founder of Necessary Ventures. “Almost every organization will need a reopening plan. Many believe these issues will subside when COVID-19 subsides. We expect the opposite. ReturnSafe’s focus on prevention will also help avoid backslides to the reactive stances that have been so devastating for so many.”
How it Works
ReturnSafe’s infectious disease management platform has established a new paradigm for safety, health, and well-being by offering organizations an integrated solution that prevents and slows the spread of infectious diseases. Included are:
- A daily symptoms screening app that documents regulatory compliance and enables real-time risk management based on guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and tailored to company-specific HR policies.
- A testing dashboard provides rapid notifications of positive test results, a requirement for mitigating contagion in fast-moving environments, especially important when lab responses are slow.
- High-resolution contact-tracing leveraging wearable devices with built-in social distancing alarms, one of the most needed solutions in active environments.
- Case manager dashboard with workflows for employee isolation and quarantine management.
- Vaccine management for employers to oversee workplace immunity without compromising on employee safety and privacy, the most recent addition to the platform.
“We started ReturnSafe for two main reasons – to keep employees safe and healthy and to ensure business continuity by minimizing disruption in the workplace due to the risk of a disease outbreak. COVID-19 has created massive human resources challenges, and while our initial objective is to slow the spread of COVID-19, we recognize a greater need to help employers manage all forms of infectious disease,” said Tarun Nimmagadda, founder and chief executive officer at ReturnSafe. “To reduce liabilities and keep employees safe, companies must adopt new preventative measures and technologies. With this new funding, we will scale our efforts for infectious disease management with new proactive and reactive capabilities like our vaccine and immunity management.”
The founding team, which consists of doctors and medical professionals, public health experts, and technology leaders, has built multiple hundred-million-dollar enterprise software and health-tech companies, deployed enterprise software solutions in more than 100 countries globally, and experienced numerous prior exits valued at greater than $300 million.
About Fifty Years
Fifty Years is a San Francisco based seed fund that backs entrepreneurs solving the world’s biggest problems with technology. The Fifty Years team consists of former founders supporting founders using business as a force for good. They’ve seeded many technology startups shaping the world for the better — companies like Memphis Meats, Solugen, Substack, and NURX. For more information, visit www.fiftyyears.com.
About Active Capital:
Active Capital is a venture firm designed to lead seed rounds for B2B SaaS companies outside
of Silicon Valley. The firm is founded and run by former B2B SaaS founders with hands-on
experience starting, building, and scaling high growth businesses in underdog cities across America. Active Capital is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, and invests in B2B SaaS companies all over. To learn more, please visit https://www.activecapital.com
About Necessary Ventures
Necessary Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm investing in companies solving the world’s hardest problems. Our portfolio includes companies like Farmer’s Business Network, Recursion Pharmaceuticals, Talkspace, and Vicarious Surgical. We help companies scale rapidly using mission-based narratives to drive tangible, business outcomes. For more information, please visit: www.necessary.vc